When it comes to skincare, it’s all about timing. Making some smart changes at the right time can make a big difference and give you a healthy complexion.
- Choose gentle and moisturising products. There’s no need to use any preventative skincare products for mature skin yet.
- If you skin looks tired and puffy, Institut Esthederm’s Radiance Cream (£48.45) is perfect for fighting the first signs of ageing whilst keeping the skin radiant.
- If your skin is prone to blemishes, choose acne-fighting skincare.
- You don’t really need heavy foundations yet, so try a BB cream from Bioderma’s Sensibio range (£15.50), which is great for covering any signs of fatigue.
- For gentle yet effective cleansing, try Institut Esthederm’s Oscmoclean Gentle Deep Pore Cleanser (£26.50), which will not dry out the skin, but leave it feeling refreshed and looking radiant.
- This is the age when you should consider introducing anti-ageing products into your skincare routine.
- Choose products enriched with vitamins A, E and C as well as hyaluronic acid and oxygen.
- You should start using night and eye creams. Try Institut Esthederm’s Lift & Repair Eye Contour Lift Patches (£53 for 10) Patches to banish dark circles.
- Proper hydration is key to keeping those fine lines at bay. Bioderma’s Hydrabio range adds the perfect amount of moisture to the skin without making it oily. Try Hydrabio H2O Micelle Solution (£10.80 for 250ml) and Hydrabio Masque Moisturising Mask (£15).
- Hide tiredness and emphasise your natural beauty with high quality makeup.
- Eyes are likely to lose definition in your 40s. The Institut Esthederm Youth EyeContour Cream (£58) will fade any wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles.
- Don’t forget to look after your neck and décolleté. The skin is thinner and more sensitive in these areas. Treat it the same way you treat your face.
- Using a deeply hydrating serum will bring radiance to the skin. Choose one with hyaluronic acid that will moisturise the skin without feeling heavy. Try Institut Esthederm’s Intensive Hyaluronic Serum (£49.50).
- A gentle but deep cleanser is ideal for keeping elasticity in the skin. Bioderma’s Hydrabio Exfoliating Gel (£10.80) smoothes the skin and restores radiance.